Centre for Inclusive and Vocational Education
The Centre for Inclusive and Vocational Education (CIVE) provides all round special educational and therapeutic inputs to the children availing this service. Run on the lines of a school, Individualized Educational Programmes (IEP) are drawn up for each child and periodically evaluated. The role of parents is actively emphasized and they are closely involved throughout the training program. Multi-sensory and low cost teaching learning materials are designed for more effective teaching and learning experiences. Child specific curricula are devised and co-curricular activities are also taught to ensure participation of all the children.
CENTRE FOR INCLUSIVE AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (CIVE)
The CIVE has catered to a total of over 600 students with disabilities over the last decade, of whom
• 5 students are now placed in private service in Assam and outside the state
• 3 students are presently doing their post-graduation from regular colleges
• 3 students are pursuing graduate studies from regular colleges
• 4 students are at the +2 level of a high school
• 42 students have been mainstreamed into regular schools across Guwahati.
• 4 students participated in the National Level Special Olympics (in the Bocce & Track and Field events), 2013 and 2014 winning 3 gold medals, 2 silver medals and 1 bronze medal
• 5 students have gone on to start their own grocery and mobile stores in the city.
• A group of 16 students participated in a play "Buddhuram" under the direction of renowned theatre artist, Bhagirathi Kadam, of Seagull Theatre Academy at the National School of Drama, New Delhi in December, 2013 and won many accolades for their performance.
Help children take the next step.
OUR SUCCESS STORIES
Get to know us. See what we do.
Help us make lives better.
Off Ramkrishna Mission Road,
Birubari, Guwahati - 781016,
Centre and Office
Phone: +91 9207049810
Phone: +91 7399018722
Scholarship Program for PwDs
Phone: +91 7086268549