The Disability Employment Initiative works towards economic empowerment of persons with disabilities in the state and region, by facilitating access to employment opportunities, self employment activities and livelihoods, both in the public and private sector.
• The DEI team successfully conducted the first-ever job fair, CareerAccess2010 in November 2010, for persons with disabilities in the Northeast. 22 private sector organizations and 352 qualified persons with disabilities participated in the job fair. Five persons with disabilities were employed through the fair while 90 were shortlisted by various companies for future vacancies.
• Employment for 29 other youths with disabilities was facilitated in both government and private sector undertakings.
• 21 persons with disabilities have successfully
received loan from the National Handicap Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC) through DEI's facilitation
• 4 persons with orthopaedic disabilities were successfully appointed in the administration department of the Superintendent's office in Baksa district of Assam as a result of DEI's intervention.
• A pilot research study on "Assessment of Employment Needs of Persons with Disabilities" was published in association with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai.
• Inclusive Skill Training on Bamboo design workshop in association with Association for Rehabilitation Under National Trust Initiative for Marketing (ARUNIM).
• Micro Enterprise Training in association with ARUNIM
• Awareness Meet on Livelihood of Persons with Disabilities.
• Motivational Film portraying the ability and competence of a person with disability was made in both English and Assamese.
• District Level Workshop on Rural Livelihood and Employment for Persons with Disabilities.
Help children take the next step.
OUR SUCCESS STORIES
Get to know us. See what we do.
Help us make lives better.
Off Ramkrishna Mission Road,
Birubari, Guwahati - 7810 16,
Centre and Office
Phone: +91 9207049810
Phone: +91 7399018722
Scholarship Program for PwDs
Phone: +91 7086268549